Talking About Issues
I’m frequently asked ‘How can I respond to questions about dilemmas and solutions, or concerns where we must say or perhaps a benefits outweigh the drawbacks?” The concerns I’m asked frequently consider figures: ”How many paragraphs should compose? May I write on just one single benefit plus one drawback?”
Then you will know that if you have read my free book, The Key to IELTS Success:
1) emphasizing figures just isn’t an idea that is good and
2) there’s absolutely no special option to respond to any question ‘type’ – all the IELTS writing task 2 concerns are marked in accordance with the exact same requirements.
This means you have to always
- Address all areas of the duty
- React to the relevant concern with appropriate tips which can be extended and well supported, and
- Present a clear place throughout.
We all know this since the Task reaction requirements for bands 7 to 9 inform us this.
Through the requirements for Coherence and cohesion, we additionally understand that you have to organise your opinions into logical paragraphs so your argument progresses in a way that is logical. […]